Postcards For Ants, Lorraine Loots
1) Do not fall for the boy who shares your hometown zip code. He will search for you in his local, empty bar, and you will search for him on the crowded corner of Union Square, but you will live forever apart.
2) This loneliness is temporary, but that does not make it less real.
3) Sometimes, people will make you feel small. Remember that is only a feeling. Do not let it become your reality.
4) The boy with the green eyes will smile at you, that does not mean he loves you.
5) The girl with the sweet accent will glance at you, that look that tells you to follow her. Don’t.
6) You will have moments, overwhelming moments, when you feel you made the wrong decision. Maybe you did, but don’t think about it. You can only go forward.
7) Do not find yourself in others, but look to them for peace of mind while you look within yourself.
8) The envy you feel when others seem more beautiful is only a projection of your insecurities. Do not feel that way, it is the only thing that can make you ugly.
9) No matter what any trend tells you, black and brown will never match.
10) Stop letting cigarettes rest on your lips, you are already full of fire, do not let your lungs turn to ash.